Attendee Tools & Tips
Before attending CAST Reimagined 2020, be sure to read through these tools and tips to make the most out of your experience:
Test Your Equipment in Advance
- Test and check your system -- including your network connection, device battery life and speakers -- at least 15 minutes prior to the event
- Use a computer or a tablet (recommended) for the best experience
- Use Google Chrome or Firefox (recommended) browsers to access the webinar
- Check the strength of your internet connection
Control Your Environment as Best You Can
- Mute other devices that might interfere with your computer audio
- Create a learning-conducive environment by eliminating as many distractions as possible, closing out of other tabs and muting notifications
- Prepare your space with anything you may need during the virtual program (appropriate chargers, note-taking materials, water, etc.)
Troubleshoot Technical Difficulties
- If there is a problem with your web browser's cache and cookies, try logging in using the Incognito feature (which usually ignores all your stored cache and cookies). If logging as Incognito works, you might need to clear your browser's cache and cookies to be able to log in from a normal window again. Every browser has a different way to clear cache and cookies, so you will have to check how to do this depending on what you are using.
- If you are using an uncommon browser, it might not be supported by the CAST virtual event platform. If this is the case, try logging in using another browser.
- Antivirus and firewall software sometimes automatically block certain sites out of minor suspicions, and the web page following the CAST virtual event platform's login screen might be blocked. If you think there might be a problem with your antivirus or firewall, try logging in using a different device and adding https://s6.goeshow.com/sam/cast/2020/index.cfm and http://statcast2020.onlineeventpro.freeman.com as trusted websites in your antivirus and firewall settings.
Seek Video-Buffering Solutions
- The CAST virtual event platform requires a higher amount of bandwidth to function, so some WiFi connections may be spotty.
- Some networks cause slides to advance more slowly than others. If the transition of your slides is delayed, try to refresh the web page.
- If your video is buffering, or you are experiencing technical issues such as 404 error pages, video playbacks and live chat disconnect within the virtual event platform, try logging in again using a different internet browser such as Safari or Microsoft Edge, check your Wi-Fi connectivity, disconnect from a VPN (if applicable) and log in again.
- If these steps do not resolve your issue, please contact our event support team here.
Engage Through the Chat Feature
- Workshops that are broadcast live will have an electronic chat feature enabled to encourage engagement with the presenter and other attendees. Please share questions and comments via this chat to connect with and learn from your peers.
Make the Most of Your CAST Reimagined 2020 Experience!
- Watch this "how to" video to master the science of navigating the virtual event platform
- Check out the full conference schedule and plan your day in advance.
- Explore all areas of the conference, including the educational sessions, virtual exhibit hall, social events and Partner Playground, within the platform.
- Be sure to note times when the above areas are open to attendees, staff and exhibitors who are available to chat.
Need technical help with the platform or have a general conference question during the event? Stop by the help desk where a member of the STAT staff can help you.