Please use this form for general submissions only.
The Science Teachers Association of Texas (STAT) is excited to announce the CAST 2019 Call for Proposals is now open.
Each year, more than 5,500 educators and science advocates gather for the Conference for the Advancement of Science Teaching, aka CAST, one of the nation’s premier science education conferences. What makes this three-day festival of all things science possible is you. Our program includes hundreds of breakout sessions presented by educators who generously share strategies for inspiring students to discover the world through science.
We seek proposals for sessions geared toward all grade levels and subject areas. A team of STAT members—science educators like you—will score all proposals and make recommendations for which sessions to include on the CAST agenda.
Proposal Submission Requirements
Before you log in to the Call for Proposals website, gather the information listed below. You may also download a PDF of a sample proposal for reference as you prepare your submission.
• Session Title (to be printed in program, if selected)
• Session description of no more than 75 words (to be printed in program, if selected)
• Presentation format
• Outcomes/takeaways—up to three (3) attainable outcomes/takeaways
• Standards—up to three (3) ways this session aligns with research, best practice, and/or standards/TEKS
• Grade Level
• Up to three additional keywords
• Groups for whom the session will be most meaningful
Submissions will be accepted until May 10, 2019. STAT will notify you in June to let you know whether your proposal has been accepted.
If you have any questions about this process, please contact STAT at email@example.com. We can’t wait to read your proposal!
Back to Top