Accepted 2023 Travel Scholars:
All applicants for the 2023 SACNAS Travel Scholarship opportunity will be notified of their status by mid-August.
- Congratulations! We are so excited to have you join us in Portland for #2023NDiSTEM. If you are a Travel Scholar, you will receive information on how to register and submit your Travel Profile from firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Travel Scholars are expected to complete Conference Readiness. Please keep an eye out for email instructions for this, too.
- SACNAS coordinates all flight and hotel accommodations. Please do not book on your own. We will contact you with information on your bookings in August.
Applications are Now Closed
SACNAS provides conference scholarships that include funded travel, lodging, and registration for undergraduate and graduate students to attend the SACNAS National Diversity in STEM (NDiSTEM) Conference. Accepted awardees will also have access to specialized programming to welcome and orient them to the conference in October.
At SACNAS, we understand that diverse voices and perspectives bring creative solutions to compelling issues in STEM. That’s why we’ve built a national network that is innovative, powerful, and inclusive. Whether your path is education, research, or professional, SACNAS connects thousands of members annually to the people, programs, and resources they need to grow.
Note: Any information collected on citizenship status in the registration scholarship application is held strictly confidential and used only for the purposes of determining scholarship eligibility and overall attendee demographics.
Applicants must meet the following eligibility requirements to be considered for a registration scholarship:
- Be a current SACNAS student-level member before applying for a scholarship
- Be at least 18 years of age (at the time of the conference).
- Be one of the following, during fall 2023:
- An undergraduate student interested in pursuing higher education in a STEM field and enrolled in a two-year or four-year college/university
- A graduate student enrolled in a STEM program.
Please Note: We do not accept students enrolled in a postbaccalaureate program or Postdoc fellows.