Tools & Tips for Attendees
Before attending the Splash Virtual Experience, be sure to read through these tools & tips to make the most out of your experience.
Equipment and Materials
Test Your Equipment in Advance
- Please test and check your system at least 15 minutes prior to the event. This includes your network connection, device battery life, and speakers.
- We recommend you use a computer or a tablet for the best experience. The system is not responsive on a cell phone.
- We recommend you use Chrome or Firefox to access the webinar. Other browsers are not compatible with the webinar system.
Control Your Environment as Best You Can
- Mute other devices that might interfere with your computer audio.
- Create a learning-conducive environment, eliminating as many distractions as possible. Closeout of other tabs and mute notifications, if possible.
- Prepare your space with anything you may need during the virtual program (appropriate chargers, note-taking materials, water, etc.).
Troubleshooting Technical Difficulties
- The webinar technology runs on higher bandwidth. Please know that some WiFi connections may be spotty.
- Some networks cause slides to advance more slowly than others. If your slides are behind or you are having audio issues, please try to refresh the page.
- If you have any problems with the eShow platform, please contact email@example.com.
Engagement Through the Platform
- Questions for the presenters can be submitted through the Q&A function.
- Discussion boards can also be a great way to engage and connect with other attendees.