Code of Conduct
The Splash Virtual Meeting Code of Conduct
All participants, including, but not limited to, attendees, speakers, volunteers, exhibitors, service providers, and all others are expected to abide by this Virtual Programs Code of Conduct and behave with common courtesy and civility; conduct themselves in a businesslike, ethical, and appropriate manner; and avoid engaging in or facilitating any discriminatory or harassing behavior. All communication should be appropriate for a professional audience including people of many different backgrounds.
Examples of encouraged behavior that contributes to a positive environment include:
- Using welcoming and inclusive language
- Being respectful of differing viewpoints and experiences
- Gracefully accepting constructive criticism
- Focusing on what is best for everyone at the event
- Showing empathy towards other participants
Unacceptable Behavior is defined as:
- Harassment, intimidation, or discrimination in any form.
- Verbal abuse of any attendee, speaker, volunteer, exhibitor, service provider, or other meeting guests.
- Examples of verbal abuse include but are not limited to, verbal comments related to gender, sexual orientation, disability, physical appearance, body size, race, religion, national origin, inappropriate use of nudity and/or sexual images in public spaces or in presentations, or threatening or stalking any attendee, speaker, volunteer, exhibitor, service provider, or other meeting guests.
- Disruption of presentations during sessions, in the exhibit hall, or at other events organized by the Splash Virtual Experience throughout the virtual meeting. All participants must comply with the instructions of the moderator and any of the Splash Virtual Experience event staff.
- Presentations, postings, and messages should not contain promotional materials, special offers, job offers, product announcements, or solicitations for services. the Splash Virtual Experience reserves the right to remove such messages and potentially ban sources of those solicitations.
- Participants should not copy or take screenshots of Q&A or any chat room activity that takes place in the virtual space.
The Splash Virtual Experience has zero tolerance for any form of discrimination or harassment, including but not limited to sexual harassment by participants or our staff at our meetings. This Policy applies to all Splash Virtual Experience meeting-related events, including those sponsored by organizations other than Splash Virtual Experience but held in conjunction with Splash Virtual Experience events, on public or private platforms, as well as social media channels.
The Splash Virtual Experience reserves the right to take any action deemed necessary and appropriate, including immediate removal from the meeting without warning or refund, in response to any incident of unacceptable behavior, and the Splash Virtual Experience reserves the right to prohibit attendance at any future meeting, virtually or in person.
The Splash Virtual Experience is committed to providing a safe, productive, and welcoming environment for all meeting participants. If you believe you’ve experienced or observed a violation of this Code of Conduct, the Splash Virtual Experience asks that you inform the OneStream staff at firstname.lastname@example.org so that we can take the appropriate action.
Organizers will enforce this code throughout the event. We are expecting cooperation from all participants to help ensure a safe environment for everybody: Be excellent to each other, show empathy, and help make this a safe space to explore tangible, equitable solutions. Thank you for helping to make this a welcoming, friendly space for all.