Volunteer at VETS24
Various opportunities are available, from helping at registration to assisting with the flow of the conference. This is also a great way to make connections. Here's how it works:
- Check out the volunteer positions available below.
- Share your interest in volunteering at the VETS24 Conferecee by completing this interest form.
- We will reach out to you closer to the conference with additional details and an opportunity to select your volunteer timeslot.
Expectations of Volunteers:
- Please remember, opportunities are limited. By signing up for a timeslot, you are committing to fulfilling that role. Remember that you are removing an opportunity for someone else.
- Follow the Health & Safety guidelines in place at the time of the event.
- You understand you are the face of NVSBC at the event and will be punctual, review all information in advance, and approach the opportunity with enthusiasm!
- You understand that most volunteer tasks at NVSBC will require long periods of standing.
- If you are unable to volunteer, you will inform NVSBC as soon as you are aware.
- Please note that there is not a registration discount offered in exchange for volunteer support.
Volunteer Position Descriptions:
Express Badge Pickup (Express Registration)
Help attendees print their badges and distribute conference materials.
Attendee Help Desk (Full-Service Registration)
Help ensure that individuals in line for full-service registration are at the right place; reroute them to Badge Pick-up, if necessary. Assist with stocking conference bags and the Ribbon Wall.
Registration Volunteer Captain
Train registration volunteers/fill in for no-shows, help NVSBC registration staff where needed; liaison between registration volunteers and Registration Manager.
Conference Bag Stuffing
Assist with set-up for conference bag stuffing assembly line, add materials to conference bags.
Assist with the flow of attendees from one area to another; moving between activities and sessions within the convention center.
Networking Appointments Monitor
Assist with check-in and monitor rooms. Help set-up as needed.
Session Monitor Captain
Learn how to use scanners, train session monitors on scanner use, assign monitors to rooms, check scanners back in at the end of volunteer sessions, compile scan counts and room counts on Master Room Count Sheet, check on sessions, fill in for no-shows (if needed).
Volunteer Concierge Captain
Manage all volunteers for check-in/out for shifts, provide reminders of responsibilities, assist with volunteer shirts, help with emergency/ad-hoc needs. Assist with filling for no-show slots and coordinating with other Captains.
Join us onsite to play an important role in making The VETS24 Conference a huge success!!