Plan Ahead to Maximize Your Investment!
Advanced planning is essential to make your time at any conference a success. NVSBC is pleased to present their Top 10 ways to prepare for the VETS24 Conference!
BLUF: CREATE A PLAN, DO YOUR RESEARCH, and USE TOOLS TO HELP YOU SUCCEED
- Determine your primary and supplementary goals for the conference. Is it learning about specific business opportunities for your company? Is it gaining tips on how you can more successfully engage with federal agencies? Finding a new teaming partner? Or maybe it’s building brand awareness. Set focused goals so you can prepare accordingly…and then achieve them!
- Find out what opportunities are currently out there for your primary NAICS code. Look at the opportunities out there for prime contracts to which you know you can be a sub. Do a search on Contract Opportunities!
- Use competitive intelligence on your opportunities!
- Watch our Charlie Mike training on how to use such data (coming soon)! Then...
- Use an online resource such as sam.gov, Federal Compass, Fedmine or GovWin to find:
- What recent federal contracts have been awarded to companies like yours
- Prime contractors that sub-contract for your specialty
- Get your supporting materials together: Corporate Capabilities Presentation, Elevator Pitch, 1 pagers, and other marketing materials.
- Check that your LinkedIn profile is current and update your member profile on the VetFedConnect website too.
- Prepare your company’s other marketing materials for printing to bring to the VETS24 Conference. Bring 20+ copies with you...and make sure you have links to them as well. Be prepared to offer digital instead of hard copies.