Update on NSTA Boston National Conference
March 27 Update on the 2020 NSTA National Conference on Science Education
Much has changed in our daily lives and routines in a very short period due to efforts to secure the health and safety of everyone here in the United States and around the world. Our gratitude goes out to all the people selflessly working on the front lines to contain the coronavirus—the brave men and women caring for those in need daily. And to the greater education community working tirelessly to provide virtual teaching and learning resources and materials for the millions of people worldwide, we thank you and appreciate your dedication and effort during this challenging time.
Over the last several weeks, NSTA has been hard at work to determine the best options for a future event to replace our face-to-face meeting in Boston, originally scheduled to take place on April 2–5. For those who registered for the national conference, we offer the following options:
· Transfer registration fees to the NSTA Boston Conference on Science Education. We know how important opportunities for face-to-face professional learning are for you and we are redoubling our efforts to ensure this rescheduled event will be one you don’t want to miss. The conference will be held during the fall, more information and dates to follow soon.
· Transfer registration fees to the NSTA 2021 National Conference on Science Education. The 2021 National Conference will be held in Chicago, Illinois, April 8-11, 2021.
· Exchange your registration fee for credit towards the future purchase of any NSTA product or service. This credit can be used at any time within the next 12 months and can be applied to any NSTA product or service, including NSTA membership, the School Partner Program, NSTA Press books, professional learning workshops and short courses, and upcoming NSTA area conferences.
· Donate to NSTA. Consider donating your registration and associated conference fees back to NSTA and receive a tax deduction for the total value. With the cancellation of our face-to-face meeting, NSTA needs your support so we can continue to provide the quality resources and professional learning that thousands of educators rely on.
· Request a refund. Request a full refund for your conference registration and any other NSTA conference events that you prepaid.
To request one of the above options, send an email to email@example.com and include your name and invoice number or confirmation email. Refunds will be processed within 30 days of your request. All ticketed events will be canceled and refunded automatically unless otherwise specified. Please respond by April 30, 2020. After April 30, registration fees will be automatically transferred to the rescheduled Boston Conference on Science Education.
Thank you—NSTA members, registered attendees, exhibitors, session presenters, featured speakers, volunteers, and partners—for your patience and understanding during this unprecedented time. Despite the challenges, NSTA remains committed to doing all we can to help the science education community navigate this uncharted territory together.