Top 10 Reasons for Visiting the Exhibit Hall
Originally posted by Mary Bigelow
With a nod to David Letterman, here are my top 10 reasons for spending time in the exhibit hall:
10. Interacting with people. You get a chance to meet and talk with other members and vendors.
9. Planning ideas for your summer “vacation.” Lots of information about summer programs, travel opportunities, and graduate study.
8. Playing with cool science-related toys (I mean teaching materials), such as robots or models.
7. Getting ideas to share with colleagues and students. For example, organizations such as USGS, NOAA, NASA, and publishers have a wealth to share.
6. Learning new strategies at vendor mini-classes. And there’s usually a drawing at the end to win some of the tools.
5. Being introduced to new species, such as a big brown bat.
4. Picking up freebies to take home. How many birdfeeders will be put up on Monday?
3. Seeing new technologies. This is the first time I saw a 3-D printer up close and personal.
2. Gathering information on science equipment.
Number 1 best reason to visit the exhibit hall!
And… 1. Meeting a terrific group of students who are designing prosthetics and building biodiesel processors.
Hear from our vendors themselves on the reason they attend: