Make the most of your conference experience with these virtual conference activities.
#SelfiewithScience Poster Contest
Reap the rewards of your hard work by sharing your scientific poster on Twitter, which automatically enters you for the chance to win a Zoom session with CDC’s STD Director, Dr. Gail Bolan. This is an opportunity to chat with one of the top STD experts in the United States.
How to Enter
- Take a selfie with your poster (either with a physical or digital version).
- Tweet it with #STDConf20 and #SelfiewithScience starting 3:30 PM ET, Tuesday, September 15. Submissions will be accepted through Noon ET, Tuesday, September 22.
The winner will be announced on Twitter at 11 AM ET, Wednesday, September 23. The Zoom session will be scheduled sometime after the conference.
Virtual “Merch” BoothVisit CDC’s exhibit booth and load up on digital goodies to use during the conference, as well beyond. Fun items like Zoom backgrounds and social media images will put you in the conference spirit and let your followers see your commitment to STD prevention and science.
Help us show the world we are united in our work to protect health and the people in our communities by creating a virtual attendee mosaic. Here’s how it works:
- From now until 7 PM ET Tuesday, September 22, upload your photo and answer a question about your work in STD prevention or conference experience.
- Your picture will be transformed into a mosaic tile, along with other attendees, that will accumulate to make a virtual mosaic.
- You will receive a notification when your picture, that can be shared on social media, has been added to the mosaic.
- Over the course of the event, anyone can click on the individual photos within the mosaic to see the photos and responses.
- At the end of the event, you will receive a photo of the final mosaic that you can download and share with your followers.