Tools & Tips for Attendees
Before attending the STD Prevention Conference, be sure to read through these tools & tips to make the most out of your experience.
Equipment and Materials
Test Your Equipment in Advance
- Please test and check your system at least 15 minutes prior to event. This includes your network connection, device battery life, and speakers.
- We recommend you use a computer or a tablet for the best experience. The system is not responsive on a cell phone.
- We recommend you use Chrome or Firefox to access the webinar. Other browsers are not compatible with the webinar system.
Control Your Environment as Best You Can
- Mute other devices that might interfere with your computer audio.
- Create a learning-conducive environment, eliminating as many distractions as possible. Close out of other tabs and mute notifications, if possible.
- Prepare your space with anything you may need during the virtual program (appropriate chargers, note-taking materials, water, etc.).
Troubleshooting Technical Difficulties
- The webinar technology runs on higher bandwidth. Please know that some WiFi connections may be spotty.
- Some networks cause slides to advance more slowly than others. If your slides are behind or you are having audio issues, please try to refresh the page.
- If you have any problems within the eShow platform, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
Engagement Through the Platform
- Questions for the presenters can be submitted through the Q&A function.
- Discussion boards can also be a great way to engage and connect with other attendees.
Make the Most of Your STD Prevention Conference Virtual Experience
- Check out the full conference schedule at https://s6.goeshow.com/ncsd/prevention/2020/conference_schedule.cfm in advance to plan your day.
- Within the platform be sure to explore all areas of the conference, including the auditorium, exhibit hall, posters, and discussion boards. Be sure to note times that these areas are open with staff and industry partners available to chat.
Need technical help with the eShow Platform or have a general conference question during the event? Email email@example.com.