Code of Conduct
The STD Prevention Conference brings together international leading researchers with government experts, clinical STD care providers, and state and local public health administrators from around the globe an opportunity to connect with and learn from one another and other leaders in the field, as well as engage in thought-provoking conversations and discussions.
All participants, including, but not limited to, attendees, speakers, volunteers, exhibitors, the STD Prevention Conference Planning Committee, service providers, and all others are expected to abide by this Virtual Programs Code of Conduct and behave with common courtesy and civility; conduct themselves in a businesslike, ethical, and appropriate manner; and avoid engaging in or facilitating any discriminatory or harassing behavior.. All communication should be appropriate for a professional audience including people of many different backgrounds.
Examples of encouraged behavior that contributes to a positive environment include:
- Using welcoming and inclusive language
- Being respectful of differing viewpoints and experiences
- Gracefully accepting constructive criticism
- Focusing on what is best for everyone at the event
- Showing empathy towards other participants
- Harassment, intimidation, or discrimination in any form.
- Verbal abuse of any attendee, speaker, volunteer, exhibitor, STD Prevention Conference Planning Committee member, service provider, or other meeting guest.
- Examples of verbal abuse include, but are not limited to, verbal comments related to gender, sexual orientation, disability, physical appearance, body size, race, religion, national origin, inappropriate use of nudity and/or sexual images in public spaces or in presentations, or threatening or stalking any attendee, speaker, volunteer, exhibitor, STD Prevention Conference planning committee, service provider, or other meeting guest.
- Disruption of presentations during sessions, in the exhibit hall, or at other events organized by the STD Prevention Conference throughout the virtual meeting. All participants must comply with the instructions of the moderator and any the STD Prevention Conference virtual event staff.
- Presentations, postings, and messages should not contain promotional materials, special offers, job offers, product announcements, or solicitation for services. the STD Prevention Conference reserves the right to remove such messages and potentially ban sources of those solicitations.
- Participants should not copy or take screen shots of Q&A or any chat room activity that takes place in the virtual space.
The STD Prevention Conference has zero-tolerance for any form of discrimination or harassment, including but not limited to sexual harassment by participants or our staff at our meetings. This Policy applies to all STD Prevention Conference meeting-related events, including those sponsored by organizations other than STD Prevention Conference but held in conjunction with STD Prevention Conference events, on public or private platforms, as well as social media channels.
The STD Prevention Conference reserves the right to take any action deemed necessary and appropriate, including immediate removal from the meeting without warning or refund, in response to any incident of unacceptable behavior, and the STD Prevention Conference reserves the right to prohibit attendance at any future meeting, virtually or in person.
The STD Prevention Conference is committed to providing a safe, productive, and welcoming environment for all meeting participants. If you believe you’ve experienced or observed a violation of this Code of Conduct,, the STD Prevention Conference asks that you inform Shameka Jennings at email@example.com so that we can take the appropriate action.
Organizers will enforce this code throughout the event. We are expecting cooperation from all participants to help ensure a safe environment for everybody: Be excellent to each other, show empathy, and help make this a safe space to explore tangible, equitable solutions. Thank you for helping to make this a welcoming, friendly space for all.