ASHRM 2017 Keynote Panel: Prescriptions for Safer, More Effective Opioid Use
We all see stories daily from around our country that bring home the human toll of the opioid crisis. The ASHRM 2017 Tuesday Keynote Panel brings together healthcare providers, researchers and policymakers to make sense of where we are in containing and reversing this problem. Leaders in risk, safety and quality have a crucial role in helping their organizations implement research and policy developments, promote safe patient care and become a trusted community partner.
This panel will address how leading organizations have made significant gains in this fight. It will also address, in an era of consolidation, how hospital-based safety leaders approach this issue in not only the acute care setting but also in owned and affiliated ambulatory settings and practices.
Moderator: Mike Midgley, ASHRM President
- - Dr. Jack Resneck, AMA Board of Trustees and vice chair and professor of dermatology, University of California, San Francisco (UCSF)
- - Dr. Debbie Dowell, Senior Medical Advisor, Division of Unintentional Injury Prevention, Centers for Disease Control and Prevention
- - Dr. Robert "Chuck" Rich, Medical Director, Community Care of the Lower Cape Fear and AAFP representative to CDC Opioids Guideline Panel
- - Dr. Sameer Awsare, Associate Executive Director, The Permanente Medical Group
- - William M. Marella, MBA, MMI, Executive Director, Operations and Analytics, ECRI Institute Patient Safety, Risk and Quality