Add to Your Registration - Pre-Conference Workshops
Join us before the conference begins for extended hands-on learning and in-depth discussions about today’s workplace issues and must know trends. From beginners to experienced practitioners, these comprehensive, competency-based pre-conference workshops have something for everyone.
By adding on a pre-conference workshop to your conference registration, you’re getting a a chance to build your peer networks and form a connection with our expert instructors. And best of all, each of these workshops qualify for additional Continuing Education Credits!
*Additional registration fee required.
|Saturday, May 11
|9:00am - 5:00pm
|$749 CAD each
Pre-Conference Workshop 1: From Resistance to Engagement: Rethinking IG Policies
Facilitator: Lewis S Eisen, JD CIP CVP - Perfect Policies
CEU Credits: 6.5
We’ve learned that the stick doesn’t work. You can push the “compliance” argument all year long and see very few results. It’s time for a new approach.The world of IG has characteristics not shared by established corporate services like HR and Finance. The traditional approach to policy in those areas is not directly transferable to disciplines that deal with the management of information.
In this hands-on, practical workshop you will explore the interplay between IG policies and corporate culture. We will evaluate several advanced techniques for drafting policies, standards, and procedures all aimed at encouraging buy-in from others and promoting compliance. There will be lots of opportunities for group discussion and practice exercises.
Over the course of the day, we will look at:
- creating a robust and flexible framework that can keep up with constantly changing legal, technical, and other environmental factors
- reducing architectural complexity by standardizing the position of key elements, differentiating policy from procedure, and finding a home for related content like definitions and roles and responsibilities
- finding the right balance to avoid a dictatorial tone while maintaining authority and meeting requirements
- restructuring policy instruments to reduce lengthy approval periods
You will leave with:
- an understanding of cultural elements that are foundational to effective IG policies
- a system to establish criteria to set the right scope: what to include and what to omit
- strategies for breaking down silos and integrating IG requirements into other organizational policies
- techniques for achieving the right tone: how to sound strict without sounding bossy
- mechanisms to connect IG policies to enforcement processes like employee discipline and internal audit
Pre-Conference Workshop 2: Microsoft Purview and AI for Data Security, Information Governance, and Risk Mitigation Professionals
Facilitator: Jason Bero - Microsoft
CEU Credits: 6.5
Over the recent years, many organizations have chosen to invest with Microsoft cloud; whether it be email, file storage and sharing, or persistent chat communication to support a more dynamic and hybrid workforce. With this transition, there are many new opportunities ahead for data security professionals, information governance leads, and many other non-traditional IT roles to participate in its success using artificial intelligence in the flow of that work. Microsoft 365 Purview is a set of features, tools, and capabilities to aid data governance and security, risk minimization, eDiscovery, and records management which pull upon the many investments Microsoft has made bringing generative AI into the fold of each of these areas.
Pre-Conference Workshop 3: Microsoft eDiscovery
Facilitator: Anthony Salopek - Cadence Solutions
CEU Credits: 6.5
In the event of a legal case, how prepared will your organization be?
In this training course focused on Microsoft Purview Audit, Content Search and eDiscovery, Cadence Solutions experienced trainers understand the significance of legal hold issues, security audits, and sensitive data protection, particularly in the context of potential litigation. This course will give participants the ability to effectively react to forensic audits, litigation, and record requests, as they will participate in hands on eDiscovery scenarios. With our course, you will be well-prepared to harness the full potential of Microsoft Purview eDiscovery while mitigating legal challenges effectively.
Report on Data with Audit & Content Search
- Introduction to Purview Audit
- Learn the importance of rich defensible auditing
- Learn how to generate audit reports and how to interpret them.
- Gain knowledge on all auditable activities in M365
- Learn how to use Purview Content Search to find, report, and extract information across your M365 landscape
- Review best practices on how audit investigations can be done at your organization
- Defining eDiscovery: Understand its importance, lifecycle and key concepts
- Purview’s Role in eDiscovery: Tools introduction, features, edge over competitors and licensing requirements
- Learn the differences between Audit vs Content Search vs eDiscovery (Standard) vs eDiscovery (Premium) and when to use them
- Learn how to search for M365 content
- Learn how to apply Data holds and preserve content
- Learn how to best use advanced eDiscovery review tools such as indexing, tagging, analytics, OCR, and annotations
- Learn how to package, send, and present your cases with third party legal teams