Top Reasons to Meet in San Antonio
- Seventh-largest and third-fastest growing city in the U.S.
- Host to more than 34 million visitors a year.
- Top industries include aerospace, manufacturing, IT, tourism and health care and bioscience.
- Offers eight universities as well as the Alamo Community College System.
- Home to the River Walk--a network of stone paths along the San Antonio River that connect hotels, shops, restaurants, theaters and more.
- Has the largest collection of Spanish colonial architecture in North America, designated a UNESCO World Heritage Site, that includes five 18th century missions. The city also has the oldest cathedral sanctuary in the U.S.
- Known for the Alamo, the number one tourist attraction in Texas and one of the city's Spanish colonial missions.
- Entertains with top theme parks: Six Flags Fiesta Texas and Morgan's Wonderland--the world's only ultra-accessible theme park for those with special needs.
- Offers nationally acclaimed museums including two Smithsonian affiliates and the national center for Latino arts.
- Recognized for events like Fiesta San Antonio, Luminaria: Arts Night in San Antonio, Culinaria and the Conjunto Music Festival.
- Birthplace of Tex-Mex--experience it in the city's culture, art, music and cuisine.
- Destination for professional sports teams: the San Antonio Spurs (NBA), Silver Stars (WNBA), Rampage (AHL), Roadrunners (NCAA), and Missions (MiLB).
- Leading golf destination with more than 50 golf courses, many noted among the nation's best.
Be aware that you may be solicited by other companies to book your hotel room or make travel arrangements for Exchange 2019. Such companies are not affiliated with and are not sponsored or approved by AHE to provide travel arrangements for Exchange 2019. AHE will not be responsible for any actions or omissions of such companies.
The following companies are not affiliated with AHE. Please do not use them.
- NTA Travel