The Certificate of Mastery in Infection Prevention for Environmental Services Professionals (CMIP) Workshop
This robust certificate program provides the requisite knowledge to meet the CMS requirements for a “trained” professional in infection prevention and control specific to the clinical environment of care. Three distinct phases comprise this comprehensive program which explores the most important topics in infection prevention:
- Microbiology and epidemiology
- Patient and health care worker safety
- Surveillance, risk assessment, outbreaks
- Antimicrobial stewardship
- Evidence-based cleaning practices and environmental monitoring
- Preventing infection during construction and emergencies
The Certificate of Mastery in Infection Prevention and Control for the Environmental Services Professionals (CMIP) is a robust certificate program which require online pre-work and an in person training session, along with an optional post-session capstone project/assessment.
- To provide knowledge, skills and training that represent the foundation for competent infection prevention and control practice specific to the clinical environment of care.
- To provide up-to-date, evidence-based principles and practices effective in eliminating the risk of transmission of pathogens to patients, staff and visitors in a health care setting.
- To meet the CMS standards that require facilities to have trained persons in infection prevention and control aspects of the environment of care standard.
- To apply the principles of epidemiology to the environmental assessment of risk, and explore the associated practices that link infection prevention and clinical environment of care.