Choose from two intensive workshops to enhance your conference experience! Please note:
- Workshops are held on Wednesday, June 17 from 2-5pm.
- Registration is required to attend either workshop.
- You may register for the workshops without registering for the full conference.
The American Hospital Association Presents - Partnership Toolkits Training
Register to attend this hands-on workshop to learn how to facilitate the AHA's newly-released Partnership Toolkits.
Hospitals and health systems need strong partnerships to address population health issues and social determinants of health in their communities. While partnership may seem natural, the truth is that effective and lasting partnerships require strong foundations based on common understanding and thoughtful decision-making. These toolkits provide simple structures that have been designed and tested to support complex conversations that set new or evolving partnerships up for success.
Those who attend will receive a discount code to purchase the toolkits.
The MetroHealth System Presents - Social Determinants of Health: A Series of "How To" Workshops and Panel Discussions
The MetroHealth System, an essential health system based in Cleveland, Ohio, is garnering regional and national headlines about its impressive efforts to improve the health of its patients and the communities it serves. As the oldest health system in Cleveland, MetroHealth has upheld its mission of caring for all, especially the underserved, since its founding in 1837.
Don’t miss this engaging series of presentations and panel discussions that provide a road map for leading, planning, implementing and funding work to address the social determinants of health. The following, hands-on workshops will be featured:
- Building the Foundation for Success: Establishing a structure, systems and staffing models that work to propel your social determinant initiatives forward. This session will use MetroHealth’s Institute for H.O.P.E.TM to outline how to integrate and align disparate programs to create a comprehensive approach for addressing the social determinants of health.
- You Can’t Do It Alone: Collaborating with partners to determine, develop and measure programs that will make an impact now and long-term. This session will demonstrate start-up, integration and consolidation of existing programs and collaborating with partners to effectively leverage efforts around food security, financial stability and other health-related social needs.
- Find the Funding: Explore creative funding options from corporate philanthropy to non-profits, payers and government sources. This session will highlight traditional and emerging opportunities and provide meaningful guidance on funding critical work to address social determinants.
These workshops will be beneficial for community and population health executives, providers, leaders of social and community agencies, hospital administrators, health equity, outreach and program managers. Sessions will vary in length, with most running 45 to 60 minutes. Each attendee will have an opportunity to attend two or more sessions depending on selection. Details on speakers will be shared in early 2020.